S470 is a model name that could refer to a number of distinct S series guitar models.
S470 commonly refers to one of these models:
- The S470 (1992–1999, Japan), later also known as the S370 in Japan, made in Japan and produced from 1992 through 1999 (in the US only available from 1992 through 1994).
- The S470 (1995–2001, Korea), made in Korea and produced from 1995 through 2001 for the US market.
- The S470 (2003–2009), produced from 2003 through 2009, available worldwide.
There were also several S470 variants produced, including:
- S470DX (1996), fretboard binding and sharktooth inlays
- S470KA (1996–1998), koa top
- S470FM (1996–1998), flamed maple top
- S470L (1998–2001), left-handed model
- S470WN (1999), walnut top
- S470QS (1999–2002), quilted sapele top
- S470DX (2003–2004), fretboard binding
- S470DXQM (2003–2009), quilted maple top
- S470B (2009), with black binding and hardware
- SF470 (1992–1994), fixed bridge (also known as 470S)
- SV470 (1992–1997, Japan), rounder Viper neck, V1/S1/V2 pickups
- SV470 (1995, Korea), Viper neck, Axis pickups