|GRGM21 Black Night and White (more images)|
The GRGM21 is a compact RG-style solid body electric guitar model introduced by Ibanez in 2006. It is the initial entrant in the Mikro series guitar line, which features instruments that are downsized instruments aimed at smaller players. It is produced in China as part of the entry-level GIO line.
The GRGM21 features a solid wood body (see specs for specific species) bolted to a maple neck with a 24-fret rosewood fingerboard with sharktooth position markers. Components include dual Ibanez humbucking pickups and a fixed bridge.
In mid-2017 a new fretboard material, treated New Zealand pine, replaced rosewood.
The GRGM21 was also sold in some markets as a set with a special gigbag as the GRGM21GB.
Similar models and special editions
Similar models are the left-handed GRGM21L and the GRGM21M, which features a maple fingerboard with dot inlays rather than the rosewood fingerboard with sharktooth inlays on this model. The GRGM22QA is a similar model with a gravure quilted maple top.
Several GRGM21 limited edition models have been produced, including:
- GRGM08LTD1 (Seventies Sunburst)
- GRGM08LTD2 (Eighties Pink)
- GRGM08LTD3 (Nineties Silver)
- GRGM09LTD1 (lime green neon graphic)
- GRGM09LTD2 (multi-pattern magenta check)
- GRGM21CT1 (red, orange and yellow)
- GRGM21CT2 (blue and pink)
- ↑ GRGM21 product page, Ibanez USA (website), archived from the original September 2017
- ↑ GRGM21GB product page, Ibanez Asia (website), archived from the original September 2017